Request a Driver
Information for clients - To make a request
Telephone our duty officer on 01252 613121 between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. weekdays.
Our service is for residents of Fleet, Church Crookham and Crookham Village. There are similar services for people in Crondall, Hartley Wintney, Farnborough and Farnham.
For new clients : When you first ‘phone our duty officer will request some personal details and these will be held as a record of your registration. We will send you information about our service, and once registered you will be able to make a request for transport to your appointment.
Once registered: The duty officer will make a note of the date and time of your appointment and where you are going and later will try to find a volunteer driver to take you. You can book for transport for the next day and up to seven days ahead. You cannot book more than two trips at any one time and we do not accept requests for transport on the day you call.
When Booking Transport with Communicare please note:-
The Duty Officer will ask if you, or anyone you live with are free of Covid-19 symptoms and remind you of the
following procedures that must be complied with
- You must sit in the rear of the car on the near side seat
- You must wear a face mask during your outward journey and a fresh mask for the return journey
- We can only take one person, therefore you must travel alone, except if accompanied by your recognised carer.
- You must maintain social distancing wherever and whenever possible
- You may take a walking frame (with legs or wheels)
- You cannot take a wheelchair
It is very important that you comply with these new procedures.
Your Driver will:-
- Call you before your appointment and check arrangements with you
- Ask you to confirm that neither you or anyone living with you have developed Covid-19 symptoms
- Using a detergent wipe, will clean all contact points on the interior of the car
Our driver will collect you from your home, take you to your appointment, wait and bring you home.
During the Journey
- Both driver and passenger must wear a face mask
- Good ventilation will be maintained within the vehicle
- Tissues and hand sanitiser will be available for your use
- Please maintain social distancing wherever and whenever possible
- The driver must not enter your home and is advised not enter surgeries or hospitals etc.
If, since making your appointments anything has changed and your wish to rearrange or cancel the appointment, please call Communicare between 10.00am and 1.00pm Monday to Friday.
If you have a lengthy appointment, we will take you, drop you off and return later to collect you – so this counts as two journeys.
We can only take you to medical appointments. We can take you to most appointments, but we do not go into the London charging zone.
We are all volunteers. We will try our best to find you a driver, but this may not always be possible.
Clients with Special Needs
Just explain your position to the duty officer so that we can assess how we can help you
How much do you charge?
We do not make a charge, but we do ask for a donation to help cover our costs.
Donations are our only source of income and a list of suggested donations is available on our donations tab.
You will see that we suggest £4 for journeys within Fleet. We accept HCC Travel Vouchers.
When you first registered, we recorded some personal information about you – including your name, address and telephone number and the contact details of a relative or friend in case of emergencies.
We need to keep this information so that we can provide our service for you.
We comply with the legal requirements to keep your personal data safe and up to date.
Our Privacy Notice is available here on the GDPR tab.