This privacy notice is issued to all new clients and volunteers and explains how Communicare intends to process the personal information of our clients and volunteers, in addition to outlining the rights of clients and volunteers in Communicare holding their personal information.
1. Your personal information – what is it?
Personal information is anything that can identify you. The processing of personal information is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Communicare is the data controller with responsibility for processing your personal information. Communicare is affiliated to the Good Neighbours Network which provides advice and guidance to care schemes across Hampshire.
3. How does our group process your personal information?
Communicare complies with our obligations under the GDPR by keeping your personal information up to date; by storing and destroying it securely either on paper or online; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that processes are in place to protect your personal information.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal information?
Communicare processes your personal information so that, as one of our clients, we can help you with the activity we offer you.
5. Sharing your personal information
Your personal information will be treated as confidential and will only be shared with Communicare members so that we can help you with the activity Communicare offers you. We will only share your personal information with external organisations/ third parties outside of Communicare with your prior knowledge.
6. How long do we keep your personal information?
Communicare will keep your personal information whilst you remain a client or a volunteer. We will delete clients’ personal information if they have not used us for at least two years. We will delete volunteers’ personal information if they have not acted for us for at least one year.
7. Your rights and your personal information
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal information: -
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Communicare holds about you;
- The right to request that Communicare corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Communicare to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that Communicare provides you with your personal information.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal information, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal information (where applicable)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
8. Contact Details
To exercise your individual rights under GDPR, or to get in touch with us with any queries or complaints, please contact Communicare on 01252 613121 between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on normal working days (Monday to Friday).
Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113.
Communicare Privacy Notice 04.2020